Friday 13 November 2009

Friday the 13th


Every year has at least one Friday the 13th, and a maximum of three, like 2009 for example (February, March and November). But why is Friday the 13th an unlucky day? It has always been an unlucky day in Britain, but when I was a little boy the "unlucky day" in Spain was Tuesday the 13th, not Friday. Probably after the great influence of the film Friday the 13th, in 1980, this date became more popular also in our country.
This Friday 13th November is also very special because it is our colleague Alex's birthday... Happy Birthday, Alex!!
Some more curiosities about Frinday the 13th on the Wikipedia.
By the way... can you count to 13? Time for revision... watch the video.



Why don't you post a comment sharing with us any "strange" experience that you might have had on a Friday 13th. Are you superstitious? Do you believe in this sort of things? We are looking forward to reading your comments and opinions. Come on!

5 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday, Alex!!!

    mmm I'm not superstitious, I've never paid attention to that day so I don't remember if I've had any bad experience...but my aunt is very very superstitious, she never wears yellow clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone. I'm sorry. I couldn't entry in the blog until today.My best wishes on your birthday Alex. I'm not superstitious Luis but for example I have the habit when I listen to a ambulance I always touch my head. I dont't really know why but I do it.I have also always listened to the unlucky day is Tuesday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!Happy birthday Alex!
    I´ve not entry before in the blog because I,ve been in Madrid in the warner with my boyfriend at weekend, I´ve gone great.
    I´m not superstitius but I happen something similar to Toñi when I listen to an ambulance or I see a hearse, I don´t know....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, thank you very much for your congratulations. I was born on a Tuesday the 13th, very unlucky for Spanish people, but my experience is that I have been extremely lucky in life. I have a wonderful family and above all, many, many fantastic friends. All of you!!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the human beings -men and women- are free.
    Freedom is our identity and nobody can impose us their will. We have the same right but we haven´t got the same strenght...
    Trini.

    ReplyDelete