Friday 31 October 2014

Friendship


For our Nov 3rd Workshop meeting we are going to talk about Friendship. One of my favourite quotes about friendship is this: "Friends are God's way of apologizing to us for our families." What do you think about it? If you wish to read more quotes about friendship here you have a good selection. Have a look at them and see if you have a favourite one or maybe you have a definition of your own for friendship.
See if you can answer some of the questions in this quiz about friends. We'll talk about them in our Monday meeting. Good night.
The Beatles sang a song called "I get by with a little help from my friends." Click here to hear the song with the lyrics.
Come on, don't be shy and post a comment sharing with us how important friends are for you.
PS Oh dear, How could I possibly forget "You've got a friend" by James Taylor?Don't miss it! If any problem with the lyrics, try here.

8 comments:

  1. As I said this morning, there are friends I call "weekend friends", I mean...friends who are with you at weekends for going out and the rest of the week they don't keep in touch with you. I think friends must be with you for the good things and also for the bad things. A friend is someone you can tell everything and you can count on him. I remember an old friend of mine who always said to me "Just call my name and I'll be there" (it's a title of a song) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess. Your comment has just reminded me of James Taylor's song "You've got a friend". I've just found a link where you can watch him performing the song and read the lyrics at the same time. This lyrics.com is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear...I've just listened to the song and I've moved...many memories in my mind. It's a beuatiful song :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jess. There are friends who only are with you at weekends. These people are called "known". I think I only have one or two real friends and the rest are "known". Ah Jess I liked very much you video.How scary!! uuuuu.In case I'm not going to class tomorrow hehe. It's a joke. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I´m Carmen, the words FRIENDSHIP and LOVE are nice and very important for me. My best friend is my partner, but also I´ve friends whom describe well the song "I´ve got a friend". I kwnew the song, is beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    Luis, How do you say in English "librarse de hacer algo"? For example: "Te libras de ir al trabajo"
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jess. i found this information in a forum. http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=283835
    In your context probably the simplest way to express it it would be "you don't have/need to..." although it wouldn't be a literal translation. I'll try to find a better alternative tomorrow.
    Good night and enjoy the weekend you too... in spite of the rain which is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the forum they talked about "get rid of", we were talking about it in class, but that's not what I want to say... I think I can express it with "you don't have to".
    I found this in the longman dictionary: GET OUT OF: to avoid doing something you have promised to do or are supposed to do, for example "He's trying to get out of tyding his room"
    What do you think about it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete