Saturday 24 October 2009

Hallowe'en 2009


Well, once again, Hallowe'en is just round the corner. Let's have a quick look to a nice presentation to have an idea of the origin of this celebration. Some more ideas can be found in this lesson plan; there's some reading comprehension, vocabulary and idioms that you can work on your own; the rest of the activities are better to be done in class. Visit this website to find extra information about how Hallowe'en is celebrated in England.
Here's the clip "This is Hallowe'en", from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Enjoy it.



Hallowe'en has a lot to do with superstition. Are you superstitious? What strange or special habits do you have that you consider superstitious?
For information on the Hallowe'en celebration in our Language School, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Luis!

    Two days without going to school!! I'm so sorry...but next Tuesday I'll be there hehe. I've seen the presentation and I've read the story to my father and he's surprised because he thought the origin of Hallowe'en was in USA. Every day we learn something new...
    Well, more homework to do and more films to watch!! have a nice weekend and enjoy the good weather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Luis and classmates. It's my first time I write in this blog je and I hope to write many times. I have been reading Halloween's story and I learnt many things that I had never listened. For example, I did't know some children collect money for UNICEF and it's a very good idea or many years ago people disguised for the ghosts couldn't recognize them and so nowadays people disguise in Halloween's Day. I also read the vocabulary and I learnt some words. Jess!!! Your father thought like me because I also thought the origin was in USA. Well Luis and classmates see us on Tuesday with scary stories jaja. Have a good weekend. Bye bye. (´.`)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, girls. I´m glad to hear that you enjoyed reading the stories about Halloween, they´re interesting, aren´t they? We´ll meet at school on Tuesday. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I love this movie. I watched this movie many times

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nightmare before Christmas is a good movie, I have to watch it in English!

    ReplyDelete